The six members; Adhir Rajan Chowdhury, Gaurav Gogoi, K Suresh, MK Raghavan, Ranjeet Ranjan and Sushmita Dev; "had stormed the Well, torn papers and thrown it towards the Chair", Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said. The leaders of the Congress, Communist Party of India (Marxist), Trinamool Congress, Rashtriya Janata Dal, and Janata Dal (United) were protesting against the suspension of six Congress MPs from the Lok Sabha on Monday.
She asked Mr Kharge to submit a notice under a different rule for a discussion on gau rakshaks and mob violence rather than an adjournment motion. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar reiterated the government's position put on record in the Rajya Sabha by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley that the government condemned violence in the name of cow and vigilantism attached to it.
Staff Reporter GUWAHATI, July 25 - The Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) today hailed the role played by Congress MPs in the Lok Sabha yesterday on the issue of cow vigilantes.
Prakash Javadekar had tried to introduce the IIIT Bill, but was cut short by shouting Opposition members.
The Lower House witnessed noisy scenes as members of the Congress and some other Opposition parties were in the Well raising slogans against the government and protesting lynching incidents in the name of cow protection nearly since the House assembled in the morning.
A Rose That Wilted in the Garden: Derrick's Free Agency Dissappoints
Rose played 64 games for the Knicks during the 2016/2017 season and averaged 18.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. Ring-chasing is never completely off the table, but Rose would be doing so while earning the lowest salary of his career.
Reacting to the statement, senior Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge said that the decision to sack five leaders were not appropriate.
While adjourning the House till 2:30 pm, Mahajan said that the MPs did not stop despite her repeated requests to them to return to their seats and instead, indulged in the improper conduct. Mahajan, however, said she didn't want to comment on the issue immediately.
Congress members staged a sit-in near the Speaker's podium throughout the Question Hour as she refused to permit a discussion on the issue.
Among others, CPI-M member Mohammad Salim also was seen protesting. "We request you to reconsider and lift the suspension of the MPs".
- Dept. Of Homeland Security To Allow 15000 Additional H-2B Immigration Visas
- France's army chief resigns on defense spending cut
- Israel has no sovereignty over Al-Aqsa: Palestinian PM
- Cal Fire: Mariposa residents' return home 'being planned'
- No legal bar in having separate flag for Karnataka: CM
- Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
- Police say Muslim worshipers returning to pray at Al-Aqsa
- Watch the New 'Game of Thrones' Comic-Con Trailer
- Affleck Says His Batman Isn't Going Anywhere, But Fans Aren't Convinced
- Cowboys release Lucky Whitehead after arrest