German police says there was definitely only one attacker with a knife who went into a supermarket in Hamburg and stabbed several people.
Witnesses said the attack happened at a branch of Edeka, Germany's largest supermarket chain.
A 35-year-old man was hurt while overpowering the attacker in the street alongside other passers-by shortly after the killing.
Barmbek is in northeastern Hamburg, away from the downtown district.
In a press statement, a police spokesperson said that the suspect had entered the supermarket and suddenly began stabbing customers before fleeing the building.
19,5 million people on life-saving HIV/Aids treatment - UNAIDS
Three-quarters of pregnant women with HIV also now have access to drugs that prevent their babies from becoming infected. The annual number of new HIV infections in Asia and the Pacific has declined 13% over the last six years, it added.
A machete-wielding man has gone on a stabbing rampage in a major German city, according to reports.
Several people suffered stab injuries and one of the victims was fatally wounded, officers added.
All of the wounded were being treated or operated on in hospital, some of them for serious injuries, police said.
- Cowboys release Lucky Whitehead after arrest
- Thunder and Carmelo Anthony are 'circling each other'
- The last orca calf born in captivity at SeaWorld has died
- 575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
- Star Party: Learn how to safely see upcoming solar eclipse
- Indian women's team felicitated in New Delhi for World Cup performance
- House GOP works to deliver on border wall for Trump
- Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
- Barbara Sinatra dead at 90
- Cal Fire: Mariposa residents' return home 'being planned'