German police says there was definitely only one attacker with a knife who went into a supermarket in Hamburg and stabbed several people.
Witnesses said the attack happened at a branch of Edeka, Germany's largest supermarket chain.
A 35-year-old man was hurt while overpowering the attacker in the street alongside other passers-by shortly after the killing.
Barmbek is in northeastern Hamburg, away from the downtown district.
In a press statement, a police spokesperson said that the suspect had entered the supermarket and suddenly began stabbing customers before fleeing the building.
Affleck Says His Batman Isn't Going Anywhere, But Fans Aren't Convinced
Matt Reeves is doing it and I'd be a fucking ape in the background for Matt Reeves , nevermind being Batman , it's incredible. Warner Bros. also used the panel to debut a new poster for " Justice League ".
A machete-wielding man has gone on a stabbing rampage in a major German city, according to reports.
Several people suffered stab injuries and one of the victims was fatally wounded, officers added.
All of the wounded were being treated or operated on in hospital, some of them for serious injuries, police said.
- Opposition protests against Lok Sabha speaker's suspension of six Congress MPs
- 575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
- Community Gathers to Honor Life of Justine Damond
- Venezuelans begin 'final offensive' 24-hour walkout against President Nicolas Maduro
- Indian women's team felicitated in New Delhi for World Cup performance
- Cowboys release Lucky Whitehead after arrest
- Social media crash suspect Obdulia Sanchez plead not guilty
- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee Set Streaming Record
- House GOP works to deliver on border wall for Trump
- What does a partial solar eclipse mean for Delmarva?