Meanwhile, one Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLC Jaiveer Singh also gave up his post.
In addition, three MLAs have stepped down as well sending shockwaves to Samajwadi Party and Uttar Pradesh's political corridors alike.
The Rashtriya Shia Samaj founder insinuated that he might join BJP if called upon and that many others from SP might follow suit soon. With these resignations, SP's strength in the Council will now be reduced to 63.
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav criticised the BJP for "luring" away his legislators. "Yogi is also doing a good job in the state; at least there has not been any scam yet".
Interestingly, Mr. Nawab, a Shia leader, heaped praises on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mr. Adityanath for their sabka saath sabka vikaas pitch and "good work", respectively.
Reince Priebus Defends POTUS' Firing, Assures Wolf Blitzer: "I'm On Team Trump"
Trump hired Anthony Scaramucci over Priebus's objections and Scaramucci reports directly to the president. When asked what Priebus said during the flight, King said, "Good poker face, showed nothing".
The recent developments in Gujarat and the resignations of the MLCs in UP proved that the Modi government has put the future of democracy at risk, she said, adding that instead of bowing before the BJP, the three MLCs should have faced the official terror and harassment as that was the only way to counter such forces. Following this, there would be no need for Yogi Adityanath to contest an Assembly seat.
The development comes days after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar dumped the RJD and the Congress in the neighbouring state and took the support of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) to continue in power. "I had gone to Bukkal Nawab's house on Eid and he must have resigned after being given some allurement".
"If they invite me, then I will go". Chaudhary, a former SP minister is now with the BSP, denied that he was quitting the party.
Shivpal Yadav, who had earlier indicated that he would float a new political outfit has no intention of joining or merging his proposed outfit with BJP.
Siddiqui, who resigned from the BSP a few months back after leveling corruption charges against Mayawati, was reported to be in touch with the BJP.
- In US first, scientists edit genes of human embryos
- President Donald Trump commends the Navy's new aircraft carrier
- Geoffrey Kondogbia scores the GREATEST own goal of all time against Chelsea
- E-cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit The Nasty Habit
- Afghanistan: Taliban overrun 2 districts
- HTC Unveils Vive Standalone VR With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Senate slaps new sanctions on Russian Federation , putting Trump in corner
- Watch the New 'Game of Thrones' Comic-Con Trailer
- Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
- A Rose That Wilted in the Garden: Derrick's Free Agency Dissappoints