Meanwhile, one Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLC Jaiveer Singh also gave up his post.
In addition, three MLAs have stepped down as well sending shockwaves to Samajwadi Party and Uttar Pradesh's political corridors alike.
The Rashtriya Shia Samaj founder insinuated that he might join BJP if called upon and that many others from SP might follow suit soon. With these resignations, SP's strength in the Council will now be reduced to 63.
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav criticised the BJP for "luring" away his legislators. "Yogi is also doing a good job in the state; at least there has not been any scam yet".
Interestingly, Mr. Nawab, a Shia leader, heaped praises on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mr. Adityanath for their sabka saath sabka vikaas pitch and "good work", respectively.
Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
Trump Jr. also hired Alan Futerfas as a lawyer after reports detailed meetings past year between Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer. Manafort could be excused from the hearing by agreeing to the "production of documents and a transcribed interview", they said.
The recent developments in Gujarat and the resignations of the MLCs in UP proved that the Modi government has put the future of democracy at risk, she said, adding that instead of bowing before the BJP, the three MLCs should have faced the official terror and harassment as that was the only way to counter such forces. Following this, there would be no need for Yogi Adityanath to contest an Assembly seat.
The development comes days after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar dumped the RJD and the Congress in the neighbouring state and took the support of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) to continue in power. "I had gone to Bukkal Nawab's house on Eid and he must have resigned after being given some allurement".
"If they invite me, then I will go". Chaudhary, a former SP minister is now with the BSP, denied that he was quitting the party.
Shivpal Yadav, who had earlier indicated that he would float a new political outfit has no intention of joining or merging his proposed outfit with BJP.
Siddiqui, who resigned from the BSP a few months back after leveling corruption charges against Mayawati, was reported to be in touch with the BJP.
- WhatsApp has 1bn daily active users globally
- 575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
- Star Party: Learn how to safely see upcoming solar eclipse
- In US first, scientists edit genes of human embryos
- Charlie Gard: Great Ormond Street staff report suffering 'shocking and disgraceful abuse'
- A Rose That Wilted in the Garden: Derrick's Free Agency Dissappoints
- Microsoft Unveils New 'Madden NFL 18' Xbox One S Bundle
- Indian women's team felicitated in New Delhi for World Cup performance
- Barbara Sinatra dead at 90
- Senate slaps new sanctions on Russian Federation , putting Trump in corner