The police officials told Mirror that forces launched a cordon and search operation in Tahab after receiving intelligence inputs about the presence of three terrorists in the area.
Two militants were killed early on Sunday in an encounter between security forces and militants in Pulwama districts of Jammu and Kashmir.
Authorities suspended internet services in Pulwama district following the killings, KMS reported.
WhatsApp has 1bn daily active users globally
WhatsApp has over 200 million users in India, and given the popularity of the app, it will likely continue to grow in the market. Other than that, rumors have it, the Android version of WhatsApp is likely to introduce yet another interesting feature.
However, local sources identified the killed militants as Shakir Ahmad, a resident of Gulzarpora Pulwama and Shabir Ahmad, a resident of Mehend Bijbehara area of Anantnag. Two militants were down and eliminated by Security Forces and situation is undercontrolled, as said by "S.P. Vaid - Director General Of Police, Jammu & Kashmir".
As the news about the killings spread, people took to streets in Samboora and Tahab for protest against the barbaric act. Six protesters have been injured when they clashed with Indian Armed Forces. More than 110 militants have been killed so far this year, which is highest in the last eight years.
- Thunder and Carmelo Anthony are 'circling each other'
- Pakistani parliament to elect new prime minister on Tuesday
- Spurs Boss Says Premier League Transfer Spending Not Sustainable
- The last orca calf born in captivity at SeaWorld has died
- Star Party: Learn how to safely see upcoming solar eclipse
- Barbara Sinatra dead at 90
- Afghanistan: Taliban overrun 2 districts
- 575-HP Jaguar XJR575 Debuts With an Interview at 186-MPH
- E-cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit The Nasty Habit
- House GOP works to deliver on border wall for Trump