This modem of Samsung comes with Cat.18 6CA (Carrier aggregation) technology which can provide up to 1.2 Gbps downloading speeds. However, Qualcomm isn't the only chip maker to offer gigabit download speeds.
CA (carrier aggregation) is technology that realizes wide bandwidth by grouping multiple frequency bands into one. The current Galaxy S8 models that have Samsung's Exynos 9 8895 processor have 5CA LTE support, which means they can "only" connect to five LTE bands at once, with theoretical download speed up to "just" 1.0 Gbps. Users will also be able to enjoy buffer-less video calls and mobile live-broadcasting.
The new LTE modem was developed in partnership with Anritsu, a telecommunication measuring instrument provider. Unless roadmaps change drastically, none of the US carriers will support six carrier aggregation in time for the next iPhone or the Galaxy S9.
Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
Trump Jr. also hired Alan Futerfas as a lawyer after reports detailed meetings past year between Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer. Manafort could be excused from the hearing by agreeing to the "production of documents and a transcribed interview", they said.
The chip will go into full production by the end of the year, guaranteeing its presence in next year's phones.
"With the increase of high-quality online content services, the demand for high-performance LTE modems continue to rise as well", said Woonhaing Hur, VP of LSI Protocol Development.
It supports 4x4 MIMO (multi-input, multi-output) and higher-order 256 quadrature amplitude modulation scheme to maximize data transfer rate. The 3GPP now defines carrier aggregation as a maximum of five component carriers, each having up to 20 megahertz of bandwidth. The modem also uses enhanced Licensed-Assisted Access (eLAA) that can aggregate licensed and unlicensed spectra.
- House GOP works to deliver on border wall for Trump
- Germany: 1 dead, 4 wounded in knife attack at Hamburg market
- Spurs Boss Says Premier League Transfer Spending Not Sustainable
- HTC Unveils Vive Standalone VR With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Thunder and Carmelo Anthony are 'circling each other'
- Two HM militants killed in Pulwama encounter
- Opposition protests against Lok Sabha speaker's suspension of six Congress MPs
- Indian women's team felicitated in New Delhi for World Cup performance
- Senate slaps new sanctions on Russian Federation , putting Trump in corner
- WhatsApp has 1bn daily active users globally