This modem of Samsung comes with Cat.18 6CA (Carrier aggregation) technology which can provide up to 1.2 Gbps downloading speeds. However, Qualcomm isn't the only chip maker to offer gigabit download speeds.
CA (carrier aggregation) is technology that realizes wide bandwidth by grouping multiple frequency bands into one. The current Galaxy S8 models that have Samsung's Exynos 9 8895 processor have 5CA LTE support, which means they can "only" connect to five LTE bands at once, with theoretical download speed up to "just" 1.0 Gbps. Users will also be able to enjoy buffer-less video calls and mobile live-broadcasting.
The new LTE modem was developed in partnership with Anritsu, a telecommunication measuring instrument provider. Unless roadmaps change drastically, none of the US carriers will support six carrier aggregation in time for the next iPhone or the Galaxy S9.
Spurs Boss Says Premier League Transfer Spending Not Sustainable
Spurs have been linked with £50m-rated Everton playmaker Ross Barkley, and have sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £50m. Waiting to tap home is under-fire striker Vincent Janssen, who scored only two goals in the Premier League last season.
The chip will go into full production by the end of the year, guaranteeing its presence in next year's phones.
"With the increase of high-quality online content services, the demand for high-performance LTE modems continue to rise as well", said Woonhaing Hur, VP of LSI Protocol Development.
It supports 4x4 MIMO (multi-input, multi-output) and higher-order 256 quadrature amplitude modulation scheme to maximize data transfer rate. The 3GPP now defines carrier aggregation as a maximum of five component carriers, each having up to 20 megahertz of bandwidth. The modem also uses enhanced Licensed-Assisted Access (eLAA) that can aggregate licensed and unlicensed spectra.
- Opposition protests against Lok Sabha speaker's suspension of six Congress MPs
- Germany: 1 dead, 4 wounded in knife attack at Hamburg market
- WhatsApp has 1bn daily active users globally
- Pakistani parliament to elect new prime minister on Tuesday
- Geoffrey Kondogbia scores the GREATEST own goal of all time against Chelsea
- The last orca calf born in captivity at SeaWorld has died
- Reince Priebus Defends POTUS' Firing, Assures Wolf Blitzer: "I'm On Team Trump"
- Thunder and Carmelo Anthony are 'circling each other'
- Senate Judiciary Committee subpoenas Paul Manafort to testify in Russian Federation probe
- In US first, scientists edit genes of human embryos