His nomination to a federal judgeship was not confirmed primarily because of opposition from his own state's senior U.S. Sen.
Gen. Inch has served as a military policeman for almost a quarter of a century and most recently was the head of Army Corrections, which Sessions says makes him "uniquely qualified" to oversee the division that handles all inmates accused of violating or have violated federal law.
The relationship between the two men has shown signs of deteriorating in the wake of Sessions recusing himself from the ongoing Russian Federation investigation, with Trump calling his attorney general "beleaguered" in a tweet sent on July 24.
At times last month, US President Donald Trump was slamming Attorney General Jeff Sessions daily on Twitter. "Time will well. Time will tell". The Department of Justice also did not immediately respond. Kelly reportedly said that even though the president is still upset with Sessions, he doesn't plan to remove the head of the Justice Department.
Despite Trump's continuing anger, his allies quickly recognized the danger in attacking Sessions.
Spurs Boss Says Premier League Transfer Spending Not Sustainable
Spurs have been linked with £50m-rated Everton playmaker Ross Barkley, and have sold Kyle Walker to Manchester City for £50m. Waiting to tap home is under-fire striker Vincent Janssen, who scored only two goals in the Premier League last season.
The former DHS secretary, John Kelly, was sworn in Monday as Trump's new chief of staff.
Trump is appearing with Republican Sens.
Instead, the White House has recently embraced some of Sessions' directives.
And on Wednesday, senior White House aide Stephen Miller - a former Sessions staffer who has written most of Trump's speeches on immigration - delivered a full-throated case for slashing legal immigration.
Republican Senators have rallied to Sessions' defense.
Republished with permission of The Associated Press.
- Paul Ryan expects Foxconn to build at more than one Wisconsin location
- Two HM militants killed in Pulwama encounter
- Tillerson Not Using $80M to Fight ISIS, Russian Propaganda
- Pakistani parliament to elect new prime minister on Tuesday
- Reince Priebus Defends POTUS' Firing, Assures Wolf Blitzer: "I'm On Team Trump"
- The Big Risk in Tesla's Model 3 Launch
- Germany: 1 dead, 4 wounded in knife attack at Hamburg market
- New York Adds Five New Registered Organizations To Medical Marijuana Program
- Seth Rich family just wants murder conspiracy 'to go away'
- E-cigarettes May Help Smokers Quit The Nasty Habit