"With competition in the global smartphone space fiercer now than ever, we felt that this was the right time to reintroduce OLED displays in our mobile products", said Juno Cho, President, LG Electronics Mobile Communications.
In a move to counter Apple's next iPhone, LG is set to bring its new smartphone with a 6-inch OLED display. "It will implement optimal image algorithms to deliver 148 percent of the sRGB1 color space for digital images, and 109 percent of the DCI-P32 color space for digital cinema". It will also be the very first LG smartphone to feature an OLED FullVision display.
The Big Risk in Tesla's Model 3 Launch
And a fully loaded Model 3 with 310 miles of range costs a hefty $59,500; the base model goes 220 miles (322 km) on a charge. The California-based company aims to make 5,000 Model 3 sedans per week by the end of this year and 10,000 per week in 2018.
One highlight of the flagship V series from LG was its secondary display.
The LG G7 is expected to launch in January 2018, as usual, but LG will attempt to buffer out the remainder of 2017 with another release in the UK, USA and Europe in the form of the LG V30.
"The LG V30 won't be using just any old OLED screen", notes SlashGear. That's because the design will be similar and LG will likely ditch the second screen in favor of an edge-to-edge display. An image was recently teased on Twitter showing an LG smartphone together with the LG V20 and a Samsung Galaxy S8. The 6.0-inch display will also have Corning Gorilla 5 protection. LG is an old player in this game and is not new to such fresh features. The company says the panel is ideal for VR apps and supports HDR10. It will be also featuring Bang & Olufsen audio system, but there is no confirmation on whether the LG V30 will feature B&O speakers or an audio chip. Combined with thin bezels as part of its FullVision branding, this will be LG's largest display in four years while the actual body will be smaller than its predecessor. LG V30 has further been tipped to be offered in 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB storage capacities. More bendable than regular glass-based OLED, P-OLED is often used when the screen requires some curves.
- Russian and Chinese Governments Crack Down on iOS VPNs
- Paul Ryan expects Foxconn to build at more than one Wisconsin location
- New York Adds Five New Registered Organizations To Medical Marijuana Program
- Two HM militants killed in Pulwama encounter
- Become a 'citizen scientist' to help NASA collect data during eclipse
- American professor, Oxford employee arrested over brutal U.S. killing
- Samsung and Anritsu claim 1.2 Gbps with 6 carrier aggregation
- Donald Trump, frustrated by Afghan war, suggests firing United States commander
- European Union states compete to host London-based agencies after Brexit
- HTC Unveils Vive Standalone VR With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835