Gary Michael, 37, who had been with the Clinton, Missouri, Police Department for less than a year, pulled over a vehicle for a suspected registration violation Sunday night, according to Sgt. Bill Lowe of the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
On Monday, authorities said his death lamented that even the most unassuming of scenarios, such as a traffic stop, puts police officers in danger. McCarthy, of Clinton, is also wanted in New Hampshire, where a warrant was issued in 2013 when he failed to show up for sentencing on a disorderly conduct charge, according to court records in that state.
Critics: Trump's Crafting of Response to Russia Meeting Is 'Obstruction of Justice'
But the White House insistence appears to have done little to convince congressional GOP leaders to keep trying . I asked Jared and Paul to stop by.
The officer fired back, but the gunman managed to drive off before crashing a few blocks away. In July 2015, he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
In addition to the disorderly conduct conviction, McCarthy had an extensive criminal background in New Hampshire. He was a Clinton resident and had been with the department for less than a year.
Sergeant Martin said Mr. McCarthy's vehicle was found abandoned a short distance from the scene of the shooting after it hit an embankment. Officers believe the driver is still on foot somewhere in the Clinton area. Lowe says Michael was "heroic right to the end". "He was protecting his community", he said. "The time signature for this footage is consistent with Officer Michael's murder".
- Donald Trump, frustrated by Afghan war, suggests firing United States commander
- Pakistani parliament to elect new prime minister on Tuesday
- The Big Risk in Tesla's Model 3 Launch
- Seth Rich family just wants murder conspiracy 'to go away'
- American professor, Oxford employee arrested over brutal U.S. killing
- New York Adds Five New Registered Organizations To Medical Marijuana Program
- Taylor Swift expected to testify in photo grope case
- Jadeja valuable for team, says skipper Kohli
- Two HM militants killed in Pulwama encounter
- European Union states compete to host London-based agencies after Brexit