The Times is reporting that Mueller recently asked the White House for documents related to Flynn, the first known instance of Mueller's team asking the White House to hand over records.
Investigators with special counsel Robert Mueller have asked the White House for documents related to former national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to a report Friday.
Although it is not seeking an injunction, this request, if its existence is confirmed, would be a new signal that the investigation led by Mr. Mueller is growing in power.
United Kingdom government criticizes utility's gas price hike
The news comes as Centrica posted profits before tax of £639m in the first half of the year. Such announcements are highly sensitive because they can affect share prices.
A grand jury is a kind of chamber of education composed of citizens who deliberate in closed session to determine whether the evidence presented by the prosecutor can give rise to a charge.
Neither has the White House or Flynn's attorney responded to the recent reports on Mueller's investigations but one of Trump's attorneys said, "We've said before we're collaborating with the special counsel on an ongoing basis".
Mr Flynn, a former lieutenant general in the U.S. army, failed to register as a foreign agent when Flynn Intel Group signed a $600,000 contract with Mr Alptekin's Dutch company Inovo BV in August 2016. Trump has publicly stated in the past that he believes Mueller should restrict his investigation on Russia's involvement in the election and not expand into his or his associates' finances. But the contract ended in mid-Novermber 2016, around the time that Flynn was announced as President Donald Trump's first national security adviser.
Since Flynn's payment acceptance occurred during the 2016 presidential campaign, during which he advised Trump, both the grand jury and Mueller's probe are trying to discern whether or not it was illegal.
- Knife-wielding man at Eiffel Tower arrested
- Prince Philip honored as he hosts final public event
- Eurozone unemployment falls to lowest since February 2009
- Russian and Chinese Governments Crack Down on iOS VPNs
- Donald Trump, frustrated by Afghan war, suggests firing United States commander
- Critics: Trump's Crafting of Response to Russia Meeting Is 'Obstruction of Justice'
- Tillerson Not Using $80M to Fight ISIS, Russian Propaganda
- Two HM militants killed in Pulwama encounter
- LG V30 will be Featuring 6 Inches P-OLED Display, Officially Anounced
- Samsung and Anritsu claim 1.2 Gbps with 6 carrier aggregation