It's time for the Jedi to end...' I mean, that's a pretty amazing statement for someone who was the symbol of hope and optimism in the original films", Hamill said of Luke's dialogue in the first trailer for the upcoming Star Wars: "The Last Jedi.
Her relationship with Poe, who will be emerging as a Resistance leader, is a part of that, and Johnson explains that after the betrayal she's experienced with her son killing his father and her great love, Han, she begins to see Poe as sort of a surrogate son. "It had to be something where Luke Skywalker believes he's doing the right thing - and the process of figuring out what that is and unpacking it is the journey for Rey".
"I's not like we made the film thinking that we were bringing closure to the character", director Rian Johnson tells EW. "But watching the film, there's going to be a very emotional reaction to what she does in this movie".
But don't expect The Last Jedi to fully delve into this backstory, because Mark Hamill also revealed that most of it will be "left to your imagination". Whenever that would happen I would offer her my hand and we would waltz around the set - on a starship, in a Rebel base, on an alien planet, and she would sing and we would dance. Poe's arc is one of evolving from a heroic soldier to a seasoned leader, to see beyond the single-mindedness of winning the battle to the larger picture of the future of the galaxy.
There's another set of words from the EW piece that are very interesting.
Donald Trump, frustrated by Afghan war, suggests firing United States commander
Speaking to The New York Times , he called General McMaster "a true public servant and a tremendous asset". The Trump administration is now weighing a reduction of USA military presence instead.
"The Praetorians, my brief to costume designer, Michael Kaplan was that those guys have to be more like samurai". Boyega says: "He just wants to get away and not be involved".
The Last Jedi will introduce a new, adorable creature that's basically genetically engineered to sell toys.
Hamill's striking blue eyes pierce through the magazine as the actor gives a strong and stoic glance ahead.
He said, "I think the send-off is really cool". Anyway, Johnson goes on to mention that the Caretakers only "tolerate" Luke's presence on Ahch-To, which strikes me as incredibly funny for some reason.
- Taylor Swift groping trial delayed by judge
- American professor, Oxford employee arrested over brutal U.S. killing
- Guam's residents concerned but have faith in US military
- British model kidnapped in Italy and put up for auction online
- Veteran Actress Saira Banu Talks About Huband Dilip Kumar's Health
- Manhunt in Missouri for Driver Who Fatally Shot Police Officer
- No Man's Sky Update Adds Multiplayer, 30 Extra Hours of Story
- Girl's body found after mother crashes vehicle on way to Buffalo
- Memo on women crossed line, offensive: Google CEO Sundar Pichai
- Warning to China? USA launches Destroyer as North Korea row escalates