The shower occurs between July 17 and August 20 each year.
On this night, the moon will be around three-quarters full, making it trickier to spot the shower in the sky.
On Sunday, astronomy enthusiasts were treated to the Perseid meteor shower. Year 1993, witnessed the best Perseid performance with a shower of 300 meteors per hour. The Perseids refer to a regular occurrence of meteorites that appear to come from the Perseus constellation.
Yorkshire had some of the best vantage pointsPerseid meteor shower seen over Normanton, West Yorkshire.
A meteor during the Perseid shower
The phenomenon is caused by debris from the tail of the Swift-Tuttle comet entering the Earth's atmosphere and burning up, appearing as bright streaks of light crossing the sky. In general, the Perseid meteor showers have 80 meteors an hour. "You might be lucky or unlucky; that's the way with meteors", Scagell said.
It's said to be happening over the next two nights also so have a look and enjoy!
The Perseids have been observed for at least 2,000 years and are associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle, which orbits the sun once every 133 years.
But most of the meteors in the Perseids are much too small for that: they're about the size of a grain of sand.
The display peaked in the United Kingdom on Saturday and into Sunday, but can be seen all around the world.
Girl's body found after mother crashes vehicle on way to Buffalo
Police told him on Sunday his daughter was dead and Newsome was incarcerated, Plummer said in the interview. Troopers found Newsome over a nearby embankment approximately 150 feet away from the auto in Thornwood.
- Penticton MLA responds to Clark resignation
- Regional diplomats reject Venezuela's assembly
- Taylor Swift groping trial delayed by judge
- Million-dollar Powerball ticket sold in the Heights
- Tropical Storm Gert expected to strengthen, timing here
- Kenya on a knife edge ahead of high-stakes elections
- Warning to China? USA launches Destroyer as North Korea row escalates
- NASA warns: Keep a wary eye on those glasses
- Mega Millions $393 million winning ticket sold in IL
- No Man's Sky Update Adds Multiplayer, 30 Extra Hours of Story