Suspected suicide bombers have reportedly killed no fewer than 27 people and wounded 83 in Maiduguri, Borno state.
"Our village is right at the entrance into Konduga town", Mr. Kalli said. They then went to the nearby camp for people displaced by Nigeria's conflict and simultaneously detonated their explosives.
"Two people committed suicide by punching explosives near the gate of the refugee camp, causing dozens of people to be injured", healthcare workers told media on Tuesday.
Trump's probe on China intellectual property theft could spur change
The Chinese announcement comes days after an increasingly aggressive rhetoric between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. The U.S. had a $347 billion trade deficit with China past year , by far the largest deficit the U.S. has with any country.
The Boko Haram who had lost most of the territory they once controlled across Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states to Nigerian forces, have since the start of 2017 appeared emboldened. Boko Haram provoked worldwide outrage by kidnapping more than 200 schoolgirls - internationally known as the Chibok Girls - in April 2014.
But this year has seen a surge in attacks, including an audacious assault on an oil exploration team that killed 69 people in Borno in July, raising fears that Boko Haram is regaining strength. They are held responsible for killing at least 143 people before Tuesday's bombings and weakening the army's control.
Its better-known faction, led by Abubakar Shekau, has mainly based itself in the sprawling Sambisa forest, and been characterised by its use of women and children as suicide bombers targeting mosques and markets. The toll could be as high as 30, according to Al-Jazeera.
Boko Haram has killed more than 20,000 and displaced 2.3 million people in its attacks since 2009. At least 37 people, including members of the team, died during the rescue operation.
- Girl's body found after mother crashes vehicle on way to Buffalo
- No Man's Sky Update Adds Multiplayer, 30 Extra Hours of Story
- Penticton MLA responds to Clark resignation
- Perseid Meteor shower peaks this weekend
- Venezuela Constituent Assembly ratifies Nicolas Maduro as President
- Kylie Celebrates Turning 20 With Some Sexy Bikini Selfies
- Australian Newspapers Can't Stop Making Kiwi Jokes About Barnaby Joyce
- 'Star Wars' The Last Jedi: Leia's battles continue amidst grief and loss
- Tom Cruise injured while doing a stunt for 'Mission Impossible 6'
- Memo on women crossed line, offensive: Google CEO Sundar Pichai