A big change has been announced for the hyped Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor megafight. Accordingly, "all fighters over 147 pounds must wear 10-ounce gloves".
The bout which is all set for the 26th of August at the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas is highly anticipated in positive and negative light's across the boxing spectrum.
Although Mayweather has been used to generating hundreds of millions of dollars from a single fight, this is new territory for White and McGregor - the previous pay-per-view sales record was 1.65m for the Irishman's rematch with Nate Diaz a year ago.
"The move to allow lighter gloves came as a surprise as the 154lbs bout is considerably over the 147lbs limit at which eight-ounce gloves can be used". I don't believe he will even exit the first round, but I'm trying to be humble on national TV.
"I'm ready to go to war for the full 12 rounds and I'm ready to put him away in the first 10 seconds, so that's where my head is at".
"We've seen a shift in the fitness industry in that the average consumer is seeking access to the same training that elite athletes have available", James Williams, CEO of Mayweather Boxing & Fitness, said in the release.
It's a two-ounce difference with a ton of talk.
Uber Bows to Philippines Suspension After Show of Defiance
It added there was no proof it violated the LTFRB's order stopping the activation of new drivers. You won't be able to hail an Uber ride in the Philippines for at least a month.
McGregor addressed Paulie Malignaggi's comments again, simply saying that the former champion got his "a** whipped" and if he wants to fight he would be more than willing to take him on. "I'm very happy with it", McGregor told reporters during a conference call.
Where is the fight taking place?
"I'm going down in the history books Conan, that's the only going down I am."".
"Right now I believe that Floyd is going to be using Grant gloves.
I think Mayweather will win", Till said.
She is a respected boxing referee herself and has also worked as a MMA judge since 2006, judging at high-profile events including UFC 196 (when Nate Diaz stunned McGregor) and UFC 202 (when McGregor seized his revenge).
Somehow, though, this fight is the one that continues to hold the media and public's attention, with people from all walks of life gathering for it.
- Trump's probe on China intellectual property theft could spur change
- 3 killed at Great Lakes Dragaway were known gang members
- Perseid Meteor shower peaks this weekend
- Young Woman Missing Since 1 Month Found Safe in Bullock County, Alabama
- Google Allo for Web Rolls Out for Android Only
- German growth slows slightly in second quarter
- Tom Cruise injured while doing a stunt for 'Mission Impossible 6'
- Warning to China? USA launches Destroyer as North Korea row escalates
- Home Depot Reported Better-than-Expected Q2 Financial Results
- Mega Millions $393 million winning ticket sold in IL