Evans made 198 appearances for Manchester United during his time at Old Trafford.
West Brom have already rejected a £10m offer for the defender from Leicester City over the summer and after Evans help guide the Baggies to an opening day win over AFC Bournemouth on Saturday, Pulis will been desperate to hold on to his skipper.
The BBC surprisingly reported on Wednesday (16 August) that Manchester City had seen their own £18m bid for his services rejected after a fortnight of talks as Pep Guardiola seeks to add a centre-back to his squad before this month's transfer deadline.
Evans, who still lives close to Manchester, won't be intimated to be thrust back on to the big stage and has plenty of European and top-level experience with United, where he won three Premier League titles and two League Cups. It was a lower priority with the need for new full-backs crucial after they allowed their four alternatives to leave the club.
Scaramucci: Trump must own his initial failure to condemn neo-Nazis
Colbert introduced Scaramucci as "the shortest-tenured communications director in White House history". Scaramucci also joked about his brief time in the White House.
"But this time past year, Arsenal were interested in him as well".
Mbappe has told City he would join them this summer if they can reach a deal with Monaco, though the two clubs are well apart on their valuation of the 18-year-old, with the French champions holding out for €180m.
And he could move back for more than twice the £8million he was sold for to West Brom by United's then boss Luis van Gaal.
Arsenal previously showed an interest in signing Evans a year ago but West Brom also rejected the Gunners approach.
Eliaquim Mangala is not in favour at City, and has been linked with Inter Milan.
- Michael Moore Likens Trump Supporters to Enablers of Rapists
- Google Allo for Web Rolls Out for Android Only
- Home Depot Reported Better-than-Expected Q2 Financial Results
- German growth slows slightly in second quarter
- South Africa's top cop confirms Grace Mugabe dodged court hearing
- Trump's probe on China intellectual property theft could spur change
- Trump to speed up public-works permits
- Pictures of Charlottesville United in Mourning Are Heartbreaking and Hopeful
- Uber Bows to Philippines Suspension After Show of Defiance
- McGregor vs Mayweather: Safety fears over eight-ounce gloves