Of course, Koh didn't provide any real details about the device, but he did seem pretty confident in it, saying that he has already "started on it" and that Samsung envisions a "a fruitful user experience at home with Samsung devices".
Bixby has a few great features but perhaps the most interesting is that it is contextually aware. While Bixby suffered a delayed rollout and only formally launched earlier this summer, the assistant is slated to roll out globally soon.
Sempra Energy to buy Oncor for $9.45n
Oncor's general counsel, Allen Nye, will become Oncor's CEO. "It is important for Oncor to remain financially strong", Reed said. In May 2016, an $18 billion deal to buy Oncor led by Dallas billionaire Ray Hunt fell apart over regulatory concerns.
Last month, The Wall Street Journal reported that the Korean manufacturer is developing a smart speaker powered by Samsung's Bixby voice assistant, which is similar to Apple's Siri and Google's Assistant. Users can ask Bixby to carry out tasks such as searching through a photo album, or send a picture that has just been taken to a contact. It's a major win for Bixby, as the assistant has suffered from multiple delays and a lack of integrations lately.
CNBC reports that "DJ Koh, the president of Samsung's mobile division, said a smart speaker was on the way". However, this is the first time when Samsung has outrightly confirmed the existence of such device and also confirmed its arrival.
For consumers, Samsung is no stranger to launching proprietary services or products that cover similar territory to competitors and the Vega falls into a similar mold. On the flagship Galaxy S8 smartphone and Note 8 device, a function called Bixby Home is available.
- Amid tension along LAC army chief reaches Ladakh, President to visit Monday
- WWE SmackDown results, recap: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode debuts
- $417 Million Verdict in Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuit
- Kyrgios fells Nadal at Cincinnati
- American Celebrating Wedding Among Those Killed In Spain Attacks
- Government on right track in J&K: Amit Shah
- Saudi Arabia Ready to Provide 7 Aircraft to Transport Qatari Hajj Pilgrims
- Politician apologizes for inflammatory statement about President Trump
- AIADMK merger likely today; DMK terms it 'BJP-engineered' move
- Iraqi forces launch assault to take back Tal Afar from Isis