To use the service, customers link their Walmart accounts to Google Express.
Walmart is one of the most popular and known corporate giant in the United States which is teaming up with Google to provide Voice Assistant service to make your shopping more easier. In a nutshell, when you ask Google Assistant to add an item to your shopping list, it will remind you of the last time you bought that item, suggesting how many you might want to buy this time.
Google also will offer free delivery if the order meets the store's minimum order requirement. Google's role in the great retail war will be limited to providing the technical backbone such as its Google Express platform that buyers can tap into for ordering stuff from Walmart.
For Walmart, it opens up a new front in its battle with Amazon - whose online sales growth threatens traditional bricks-and-mortar retailers.
US, North Korea clash at United Nations arms forum on nuclear threat
A Chinese diplomat called the new sanctions a "mistake", according to news reports from Beijing. Security Council sanctions on North Korea .
Next year, Google and Walmart's partnership is also confirmed to add support for making grocery orders through Google Home for in-store pickup or for delivery.
He added that Wal-Mart has bigger plans for voice shopping next year that will involve capitalizing on its 4,700 U.S. stores to "create customer experiences that don't now exist within voice shopping anywhere else".
This is a big deal in and of itself as Google has been trying to make online shopping more convenient with their Google Express service for a while. IT World Canada has made a request for comment from both Walmart and Google on the matter. Prior to the venture, the retailer's inventory was only available through the company's website. "Next year, we will also leverage our 4,700 USA stores and our fulfillment network to create customer experiences that don't now exist within voice shopping anywhere else", Lore wrote.
Lore said Walmart opted to partner with Google based on the tech company's "significant investments in natural language processing and artificial intelligence".
The partnership will let Walmart tap into Google's expertise in personalization.
- Eclipse baby shares her name with solar event
- Hundreds Confess To Eating Human Flesh
- Samsung confirms it's working on an Amazon Echo competitor
- Olivier Ntcham wants to face PSG in Champions League group stage
- Foot Locker stumbles taking Nike and Under Armour with it
- Saudi Arabia Ready to Provide 7 Aircraft to Transport Qatari Hajj Pilgrims
- Iraqi forces launch assault to take back Tal Afar from Isis
- Sempra Energy to buy Oncor for $9.45n
- Train derails in Muzaffarnagar, at least 10 killed, says local official
- Man 'confessed to killing his sister and two cousins' while babysitting them