Cristiano Ronaldo has edged out Lionel Messi and Gianluigi Buffon to take home the UEFA Best Player in Europe award that was handed out on Thursday during the Champions League draw in Monaco.
The Goalkeeper of the Season 2016/17 was given to Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon.
Ronaldo won the UEFA award in 2013-2014 and 2015-2016 and in the Champions League last season, where Real defeated Juventus 4-1 in the final, he finished as top scorer with 12 goals.
A magnificent campaign from Ronaldo saw him score a total of 42 goals across all competitions as Madrid added a LaLiga title to the defense of their European crown.
He has now won the award three times, one more than Messi.
Walmart Moves into Voice Shopping
Google also will offer free delivery if the order meets the store's minimum order requirement. IT World Canada has made a request for comment from both Walmart and Google on the matter.
"I'm so glad to be here, and honoured to win this trophy again". "Thank you to my team-mates and congratulations to them too".
"This trophy will give me the motivation to keep working hard, never to give up".
After being booked for removing his shirt in celebration after scoring as a substitute, Ronaldo was then shown a second yellow card in the wake of being adjudged by referee Ricardo de Burgos to have dived in the penalty area.
It replaced the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award, which Ronaldo and Messi also won once apiece.
- WWE SmackDown results, recap: AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode debuts
- Time's up: Big Ben silenced for 4 years as renovations start
- Study reveals link between vitamin B supplementation and lung cancer
- Sempra Energy to buy Oncor for $9.45n
- This Android phone from Lamborghini costs Rs 1,57130
- Microsoft Announce Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Train derails in Muzaffarnagar, at least 10 killed, says local official
- Politician apologizes for inflammatory statement about President Trump
- Saudi Arabia Ready to Provide 7 Aircraft to Transport Qatari Hajj Pilgrims
- Hundreds Confess To Eating Human Flesh