Sixty-two of respondents say the president is doing more to divide the country, while 31 percent say he is doing more to unite the country.
The new Washington Post-ABC News poll found that, while a majority of Americans disapproved of Trump's response to the events in Charlottesville and believe it is unacceptable to hold neo-Nazi or white-supremacist ideologies, 9% said they "somewhat" or "strongly" believed such views were acceptable.
"I really think they don't like our country".
The poll reflected public sentiment following violent clashes this month in Charlottesville, Virginia, between white-supremacist groups and protesters who opposed them.
There is too much prejudice in the nation today, 55 percent of American voters say, while 40 percent say there is too much political correctness, the widest margin for prejudice since the question first was asked in June 2016.
Olivier Ntcham wants to face PSG in Champions League group stage
The teams in each group cannot be drawn from the same pot nor can they pick another team from their own association. Pot 1: Bayern Munich, Benfica , Chelsea , Juventus , Monaco , Real Madrid , Shakhtar Donetsk , Spartak Moscow .
Fifty-six percent of registered voters said Trump has not been an effective president, while 39 percent said he had been.
Almost seven in 10 voters think President Donald Trump's behavior could accidentally embroil the U.S.in an "international conflict", according to the latest George Washington University battleground poll. I got the white supremacists, the neo-Nazi. Eighty-one percent responded that prejudice against minority groups is either "very serious" or "somewhat serious", and 62% said the same of prejudice toward Jews. Twenty-nine percent, however, disagreed with this statement.
However, 50 percent approve of Trump's handling of the economy, and 52 percent said Trump has been keeping his campaign promises. And 3% of American voters said they "haven't heard enough" about Trump to say if they have a favorable or unfavorable view him.
The poll surveyed 1,009 registered voters nationwide August 13-17 and included a protocol for reaching mobile phone users.
- Barcelona takes legal action against Neymar for not fulfilling his contract
- Walmart Moves into Voice Shopping
- Eclipse baby shares her name with solar event
- President congratulates FormoSat-5 team for successful launch
- US, North Korea clash at United Nations arms forum on nuclear threat
- Hundreds Confess To Eating Human Flesh
- Microsoft Announce Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Taylor Swift announces new album 'Reputation' out November 10
- GCSE results: Hackney students 'excel yet again' in face of major reforms
- $417 Million Verdict in Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuit