But the pic is apparently legitimate, and David Popoff - Dickinson's emergency management coordinator - says rescues are underway.
A county commissioner told CNN the county has received more than 1,000 requests for evacuation and rescue.
Timothy McIntosh, whose mother-in-law owns the nursing home, tweeted a photo of the nursing home, and asked for help. "She said it was a calamity", McIntosh said Sunday.
15 rescued from Dickinson nursing home | Free News | The Daily News - Galveston County Daily News
His wife, Kimberly McIntosh, said her mother sent the picture at 9 a.m. this morning.
"We have complete sections of freeways that were closed and intersections that are closed", Clark said.
"She loves (the patients) like her family", she said.
"RESCUED! Thank you to the National Guard & the Galveston City Emergency crew for our rescue", Timothy McIntosh wrote.
"Latest update on La Vita Bella home in Dickinson, TX.On "purple" high priority list".
Lebanon, Hezbollah suspend ISIS fight for soldiers' release
Hezbollah has been fighting alongside troops loyal to President Bashar al-Assad since the Syrian conflict erupted in 2011. The Lebanese army has been battling ISIL fighters in their last border foothold, near the town of Ras Baalbek.
- North Korea fires several missiles into East Sea
- Samsung confirms it's working on an Amazon Echo competitor
- Why Dana White isn't attending Ronda Rousey's wedding
- Apple reportedly working on self-driving employee shuttle for its campuses
- Saudi-led coalition kills 42 Yemenis, including children, in one week
- Yankees Have Huge On-Field Brawl with Tigers
- Walmart Moves into Voice Shopping
- This Android phone from Lamborghini costs Rs 1,57130
- Percent of Americans See Trump as Divider, Poll Finds
- Secretary of State says Trump doesn't speak for American values