For Kearse, it marks the end of an era, as the Lakewood native will continue his playing career somewhere else than the Pacific Northwest.
Just over 24 hours from the 53-man roster deadline, the New York Jets and the Seattle Seahawks have pulled off a monster trade. In addition, Adam Schefter reports the teams will swap seventh-round picks.
North Korea fires several missiles into East Sea
USA officials said North Korea recently tested three short-range missiles that were fired from a military base in Kangwon city. It said South Korea and USA militaries were analyzing the launch and didn't immediately provide more details.
The Jets upgraded at wide receiver now with Kearse on the depth chart. He's coming off a bit of a down year, with 62 tackles but only 1.5 sacks.
One year later, he earned his only Pro Bowl invitation to date after recording eight sacks and setting the pace for a NY defensive line that was especially stingy to opposing ballcarriers. In five seasons in Seattle, Kearse has 153 catches for 2,109 yards and 11 TDs.
Kearse signed a $13.5 million, three-year deal with the Seahawks before the 2016 season but became expendable because of Seattle's depth at wide receiver. He's started all but three games over the last three years and should be a reliable target for whoever starts at quarterback in NY.
The former first-round pick also had his issues off the field, including a failed drug test that resulted in him being suspended for the first four games of the 2015 season. In his first two seasons, Richardson won Defensive Rookie of the Year and was named to the Pro Bowl in his second year. The move cleared over 5-million dollars in cap space. He played at Lakes High School, then the University of Washington before being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Seahawks in 2012.
- Angels acquire slugger Justin Upton from Tigers
- Merkel says 'can't stay silent' on rule of law in Poland
- A German Male Nurse Murdered At Least 90 Patients
- Shai proud to breathe fresh Hope into Windies cricket
- Trump Renews Call For Mexico To Pay For Border Wall
- Fargo Woman's Story on Baby Changed
- Defending US Open champ Kerber humbled by Osaka in first round
- Nigeria Set For Cameroon Clash
- Cabinet reshuffle likely on weekend: a few big changes on the cards
- Android 8.0 Oreo to get system-wide theme support without root