Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Latest news
Main » Thomas Lemar breaks silence on failed Premier League move

Thomas Lemar breaks silence on failed Premier League move

02 September 2017

It's hard to say as the arrival of Lemar would surely see Alexis Sanchez move to Manchester City.

The Gunners are said to have launched a bid in the region of £90 million, which has been accepted by the Ligue 1 champions.

An agreement for Lemar would represent the second time Liverpool have broken their transfer record this week. "It's very hard for me to speak about that because what I want now is the player to focus on his career, on his season and Arsenal".

The Reds considered making a late move for the winger, but eventually decided against it after signing Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal.

Monaco have already prepared for the likely departure of Lemar by signing Keita Balde from Lazio on Tuesday night.

Davide Zappacosta joins Chelsea in £23M deal
They said " Torino have surrendered to Chelsea " and allowed Davide Zappacosta to leave the club and join them. Chelsea's other signing, Zappacosta can play at wing-back or full-back and has been capped by Italy.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger stated last week that Monaco would not sell Lemar this summer for any price, but Liverpool appear to believe they can force through a deal ahead of Thursday's transfer deadline.

"I am a player of Monaco, I am very happy there", Lemar told Canal +.

Lemar was heavily linked with Liverpool and Arsenal on deadline day but ended up staying at Monaco.

'Now I am going to go and have a good season with my club, try to keep progressing and advancing in my career'.

Much will also depend on how Monaco fare this season after selling a string of stars such as Kylian Mbappe, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy.