Pennsylvania National Guard Soldiers load bottled water onto a CH-47 Chinook helicopter at Fort Indiantown Gap in preparation to depart for the Hurricane Harvey relief effort in Texas.
The guardsmen will conduct search and rescue operations, as well as other mission requirements as needed.
The Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard has already deployed more than 60 soldiers and Airmen to support relief efforts.
The two Chinook helicopters will leave Friday from St. Cloud and head for Texas.
The release from the Iowa's Governor's Office said the state of Texas formally requested Iowa join the multi-state support efforts.
Shai proud to breathe fresh Hope into Windies cricket
Former England captain Michael Vaughan will not be the only one to eat a slice following the Windies' shock win . Blackwood, who uppercut Broad for six over third man, tried to win the match in the grand manner.
Hutchinson authorized 1,500 guardsmen to be sent to Texas, and they'll deploy on Saturday, he said.
Col. Hapgood says it's not the first time Iowa soldiers have been called on following a major storm.
State Guard members will also join a steady group of volunteers from religious organizations and nonprofits in Arkansas who have journeyed to the coast to help flood and hurricane victims recover.
Members of the Guard took off at 10:00 p.m. Friday from the Quonset Air National Guard Base.
"We're just trying to bring all the supplies and equipment that these guys need to set up operations", Bundy said.
- Grading the Bulldogs' performance in victory over Appalachian State
- Manufacturing PMI demonstrates a booming industry
- China Rejects New US Sanctions Against Venezuela, Calls for Internal Solutions
- Cabinet reshuffle likely on weekend: a few big changes on the cards
- Defending US Open champ Kerber humbled by Osaka in first round
- Apple will likely unveil new iPhones on September 12
- President Trump visits Springfield, Mo. to speak about tax reform
- North Korea fires several missiles into East Sea
- Davide Zappacosta joins Chelsea in £23M deal
- A German Male Nurse Murdered At Least 90 Patients