In his letter of resignation, he said it was for personal reasons and did not elaborate. We believe the likely prospects of a Cohn Fed Chair led both Yellen and Draghi to rail against wholesale big bank deregulation at Jackson Hole in late August. I'm personally grateful for his friendship and his service.
Fischer has been highly influential at the Fed.
In his two-paragraph letter to the president, Fischer hailed the US economy's progress and the Fed's reforms to make the financial system more resilient.
Dozens detained as Tamil Nadu braces for the next storm ---- Anitha
The Supreme Court last year had exempted Tamil Nadu from NEET, but refused a request to continue the exemption this year too. With her dreams of becoming a doctor dashed due to a low score in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, S.
Fischer, who was born in Zambia and educated in London, was nominated to the Fed by President Barack Obama after serving as the governor of the Bank of Israel from 2005 to 2013. Previously, he was vice chairman of Citigroup Inc. The Senate is expected to vote tomorrow on the nomination of Randal Quarles, who was appointed by President Trump to serve as the Fed's vice chairman for supervision. He has worked as a chief economist at the World Bank and taught economics at MIT.
But with Fischer's soon-to-be-vacant seat, the president has the responsibility for nominating a candidate to the seven-member Board of Governors, and each much be confirmed by the Senate. The Fed is talking about an interest rate hike, but the real bombshell is reining in the $4.5 trillion United States federal budget. He helped shape regulatory policy keeping banks in check and accountable, and he stands by the Fed's approach even as Trump considers alternatives.
Since December 2015, the Fed has raised rates four times, including this March and June. Rate increases are a sign that the economy is improving.
- South Korea will deploy four additional missile defense system
- Davide Zappacosta joins Chelsea in £23M deal
- Jets to trade Sheldon Richardson to Seahawks
- North Korea Appears to Conduct Nuclear Test, South Korea Says
- Hungary, Slovakia lose fight against European Union migration deal
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge expecting third child
- Patriots trade QB Jacoby Brissett for Colts WR Phillip Dorsett
- Angels acquire slugger Justin Upton from Tigers
- Harvey victim funds may be delayed without debt limit increase - Mnuchin
- Nirmala Sitharaman is India's defence minister