Cohn remains "focused on his responsibilities ... including a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to deliver meaningful tax reform that creates jobs and grows the economy, '"a White House spokesperson said". Fed chair Janet Yellen's term expires in February.
Another administration official said Trump was "considering several candidates" for the Fed.
Cohn, who is Jewish, allegedly considered resigning after Trump criticized "alt-left" protesters and said there were many "fine people" who marched with neo-Nazis and white nationalists.
Latest North Korean missile test continues to strain global relations
So the question is whether North Korea will put some checks on itself as it seeks to expand its weapons tests in the Pacific. Still, it's unclear whether the North will ever act on its threat to fire missiles at the "advanced base of invasion".
In the almost two weeks since Cohn said "the administration can and must do better in consistently and unequivocally condemning" hate groups, Trump has stewed over the comments.
As a member of the "Big Six", Cohn is one of two administration officials representing the administration in tax reform deliberations with congressional GOP leaders.
Majority of the potential candidates who are in the mix for Fed chair are hawkish on interest rates, including Warsh, an ex- Wall Street banker who served as a Fed governor at the time of the financial crisis, and Taylor, author of a widely cited but only loosely followed mathematical rule for setting interest rates.
- Hillary Clinton Asks 'What Happened?' in 2016
- Record-breaking Astronaut Peggy Whitson returns to Earth
- Spotify, Hulu partner on United States dollars 5 streaming bundle for students
- Pliskova Powers Into US Open QFs, CoCo, Keys Advance; Venus-Kvitova Tuesday
- Trump calls North Korea 'rogue nation,' threat
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi faces pressure
- LPGA Cambia Portland Classic golf tournament
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge expecting third child
- Trump, SKorea's Moon Agree to Boost Seoul's Missile Capabilities
- North Korea Appears to Conduct Nuclear Test, South Korea Says