Jose's center is now located near latitude 27.6 North and longitude 67.4 West, about 480 miles north-northeast of Grand Turk Island and about 640 miles north of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Jose's maximum sustained winds are 75 miles per hour, which barely register it as a hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson scale.
Illegal Explosives Factory Found Inside Dera HQ, Search Continues On Day 2
The forensic team from Roorkee is expected to arrive at the Dera premises later in the day to analyse these skeletons. Two key functionaries of Dera Sacha Sauda were also arrested on Friday for allegedly inciting violence in Panchkula.
After Irma climbed up Florida, it had slowed to a tropical depression as it dumps rain over Tennessee and the Ohio Valley, NHC reported. The National Hurricane Center projected that the storm would make a meandering loop between Monday and Thursday before continuing on a path west toward the Bahamas, Cuba and Florida. While it's going around in circles for the time being, Hurricane Jose is later expected to make its way up towards the nearby coast to make a landfall.
The animation showed Hurricane Jose as it continued making a loop in the Atlantic Ocean between Bermuda and the Bahamas and Post-Tropical Cyclone Irma moved north and weakened to a remnant low pressure area centered over southeastern Missouri. The furthermore path of Jose at present is uncertain and it is still being monitored whether Hurricane Jose will pose any major threat to the East Coast of the United States. Long-term models diverge wildly after four or five days, but one Global Forecast System model does predict Jose making a path up the east coast and eventually hitting the coast of NY in about ten days. A few other models put the storm on a more northward track closer to a North Carolina, Virginia or Maryland landfall late next week.
- Walt Disney World reopening today after Irma
- US Olympic Cities Signal Support for LA 2028
- Frank Lampard expects Christian Eriksen to step up against Borussia Dortmund
- Trump 'unlikely to nominate Cohn for Fed chair'
- SC governor gives update on Hurricane Irma preparations
- Justice Kennedy reinstates Trump's refugee ban
- Royal baby: Duchess well after 'anxious' start to pregnancy
- Condos Says Presidential Election Integrity Commission Has 'Nefarious' Agenda
- Japan PM urges 'greatest possible pressure' on North Korea
- Qatar boycotters dismiss remarks by Kuwaiti emir