Alexis held out all summer for the move, refusing a new deal at Arsenal and snubbing the advances of European giants Bayern Munich and PSG, waiting for City to make their move.
Guardiola said of Kompany: "He had a little problem in his calf".
And Bravo, who was hoping to play alongside his global team-mate at club level, revealed: "We were talking in Chile".
"We tried to make an offer that they would accept, but in the end they could not sign the player they wanted and Alexis stayed with Arsenal".
"I trust a lot in him as a 22-year-old English player".
Royal baby: Duchess well after 'anxious' start to pregnancy
Her Royal Highness will no longer carry out her planned engagement at the Homsey Road Children's Centre in London today. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are already parents to 4-year-old Prince George and 2-year-old Princess Charlotte .
With Sanchez out of contract at the end of this season, it has been speculated City could return with a reduced bid for the forward in January with Guardiola not ruling out a move. Us goalkeepers know this can happen but you never expect it.
"If there is any negativity or you think that he's giving anything less than 100%, the players will sniff it and they will wean that guy out". "I wouldn't have wanted to play for a reason like this, an injury to a team-mate, but you always have to be prepared".
City are believed to be one of the five clubs who voted against a proposal to shut the close-season transfer window in England before the start of the season, which was voted through by Premier League clubs on Thursday.
And the Daily Mail say Arsenal have real hope of signing Sterling, who has 34 worldwide caps, as he is open to a return to London and the chance to play more regularly under Wenger.
"Of course we were interested in him, but Arsenal decided not to sell him, so I wish Alexis all the best".
- SC governor gives update on Hurricane Irma preparations
- Pilot absences bring 'life-threatening' disruption for Air Berlin
- Apple Store Offline For iPhone X Launch
- Trump to meet Malaysian Prime Minister today
- Bahamas' beaches left bone dry after Hurricane Irma sucks up the water
- Hillary Clinton says election defeat left her 'gobsmacked'
- Rafael Nadal vs. Kevin Anderson
- Maryland, Baltimore officials pledge pursuit of Amazon 'HQ2'
- Powerful winds from Hurricane Irma rip the roof off a Miami house
- Egyptian police kill 10 suspected militants in raids near Cairo