The organizing Committee of the winter Games planned in this south Korean city located 80 km from the border with the North, repeated on Monday it has " no plan B ".
The run-up to the first winter Games in Asia outside Japan has been overshadowed by the diplomatic crisis and the United Nations Security Council unanimously stepped up sanctions on Monday against the country over North Korea's sixth and most powerful nuclear test conducted on September 3.
"We are in contact with Governments and the NOCs (National Olympic Commitees) concerned".
Bach said he was hoping for a diplomatic solution before the Games start next February and said the door was open for the participation of North Korean athletes and the International Olympic Committee was ready to support them in their effort to qualify.
"Speaking now about different scenarios for the Olympic winter Games would send the wrong message", he told at the opening of the IOC session in the Peruvian capital.
Europe's Top Court Backs Intel's Appeal of Antitrust Fine
The Advocate General released a non-binding opinion (PDF ) that the General Court should get a fresh review in 2016. Intel had given the rebates to computer manufacturers, presumably to keep them from using AMD chips.
With interest in hosting the 2032 Olympics lukewarm, IOC President Thomas Bach will be hoping Paris and LA can restore prestige to the event. "So we will follow the developments closely and will keep promoting our position", Bach said.
The Olympic Agenda 2020 is the strategic roadmap for the future of the Olympic Movement, created to safeguard the uniqueness of the Olympic Games and strengthen the role of sport in society, with the other two pillars as "sustainability" and "youth".
"All our sympathy and thoughts are with the victims and the families who have lost relatives in this natural disaster and with those who have lost their homes and livelihoods", Bach said, adding that the International Olympic Committee would monitor the need for additional funding, after the initial assessment was completed.
"So far we believe North Korean athletes will be there in Pyeongchang", he said. None of its athletes have yet met the qualification standards.
"In all the conversations we had, the Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 were never put in doubt".
- Powerful winds from Hurricane Irma rip the roof off a Miami house
- SC governor gives update on Hurricane Irma preparations
- Condos Says Presidential Election Integrity Commission Has 'Nefarious' Agenda
- Rafael Nadal vs. Kevin Anderson
- Egyptian police kill 10 suspected militants in raids near Cairo
- Bahamas' beaches left bone dry after Hurricane Irma sucks up the water
- Trump to meet Malaysian Prime Minister today
- Walt Disney World reopening today after Irma
- Hillary Clinton says election defeat left her 'gobsmacked'
- Illegal Explosives Factory Found Inside Dera HQ, Search Continues On Day 2