Cardinals All-Pro running back David Johnson, Bears wide receiver Kevin White and linebacker Jerrell Freeman, Texans tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz, and Eagles kicker Caleb Sturgis were all placed on injured reserve on Tuesday. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Johnson is expected to miss an extended period of time due to the injury and is a candidate for injured reserve. He said Tuesday night that Johnson is scheduled to have surgery this week to fix his wrist, which was injured during Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
The 25-year-old was injured in the third quarter of Sunday's season-opening loss to the Detroit Lions. If he does return, the time table would be early to mid-December.
The Cardinals re-signed Chris Johnson to help fill the void just 10 days after releasing him.
Arians was referring to Johnson's rookie season, when he took over as starter when Chris Johnson went down with a knee injury.
Stephen King: IT stuns with $103 Million opening, Chap
Though the upcoming adaptation of Stephen King's IT hasn't quite hit theaters yet, New Line is already making plans for a sequel. While the Pops! version of any character is ordinarily cute and adorable, their latest version of Pennywise is downright scary.
Johnson, a first-team All-Pro last season, registered a league-best 2,118 yards from scrimmage and 20 touchdowns.
And while it's not clear how long he will be out, Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has noted that Johnson's injury is similar to that of fellow running back T.J. Logan.
Schefter added Johnson still has a chance to return this season.
The loss of Johnson is a devastating blow to the Cardinals. "We've got quality guys on our team and it's an opportunity for somebody to step up".
Foster signed with the Patriots after going undrafted in 2016. He left the game at 96 yards with 11 rushes for 28 yards and six receptions for 68 yards.
- How to find out if you're affected by the Equifax hack
- US Olympic Cities Signal Support for LA 2028
- Royal baby: Duchess well after 'anxious' start to pregnancy
- Apple Store Offline For iPhone X Launch
- WWE Posts Storyline Update on Vince McMahon
- Pope Francis questions whether Donald Trump is 'pro-life' after DACA decision
- Trump to meet Malaysian Prime Minister today
- Terror attacks take 50 lives in Southern Iraq, many more wounded
- Hillary Clinton says election defeat left her 'gobsmacked'
- Egyptian police kill 10 suspected militants in raids near Cairo