Though, what they did miss was a magical goal after Jhon Córdoba scored a goal from 45 yards out.
Wenger said: "I thought they would never take a gamble to play this game when I saw the images".
I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoyed our first game in this second tier European competition, including the drama of a late start and the full on, slightly insane and remarkable showing from the Cologne fans, in the ground at least where they sung their hearts out even, and especially, when the game was gone.
Wenger was unsure whether to put the slow start down to the hour delays for crowd safety reasons, and says Cologne were in the same position as them.
It is estimated that 20,000 Koln fans descended on the British capital for tonight's game with reports that some had bought Arsenal home shirts and memberships in an effort to see the match with home supporters.
Our first European fixture on a Thursday night will see us play German side Cologne, who would probably ring a few bells with most of us seeing as that's where we got Lukas Podolski from.
How to find out if you're affected by the Equifax hack
Now Equifax , the giant credit reporting agency, has made itself the poster child for how not to deal with customer security. Freezes can be done online at the websites of the three credit reporting agencies - Equifax , Experian and TransUnion .
"Arsenal have lost their last five at Stamford Bridge in the PL although they did beat the champions in both the FA Cup Final and Community Shield, albeit on penalties, in recent months", Owen wrote on Betvictor.com. On the first night they go out (to play), they spoil their night.
"Yes, they are known for their very passionate support". He is a fantastic football player but physically he has just come back.
'For us and for them it's a big game because we are third in the table.
"It is a good opportunity to show we can cope", Wenger said. ITV's political editor and Arsenal fan Robert Peston was at the game, and described Cologne fans as a "disgrace". He's an exceptional footballer.
"We'll train hard these two days coming and we'll be ready for Sunday".
- David Johnson to undergo wrist surgery, out two to three months
- Egyptian police kill 10 suspected militants in raids near Cairo
- Walt Disney World reopening today after Irma
- Japan PM urges 'greatest possible pressure' on North Korea
- Destiny 2 Has Reached "Millions" Of Players Already
- Bahamas' beaches left bone dry after Hurricane Irma sucks up the water
- Friend Kohli and Mentor Dhoni are my guiding lights, says Yuzi Chahal
- Frank Lampard expects Christian Eriksen to step up against Borussia Dortmund
- Powerful winds from Hurricane Irma rip the roof off a Miami house
- Pilot absences bring 'life-threatening' disruption for Air Berlin