United was patchy throughout the game but three goals after Rooney was substituted in the 82nd minute helped move Jose Mourinho's men to joint top of the English Premier League table alongside cross-town rival Manchester City.
"It does not matter if you win on 1-0, 3-0, 4-0, or 2-1, as long as we win".
"I wasn't as big a fan of Man United as I had been, so I had to sort of put that to one side and just think rationally about what would be best for me as a footballer".
"It's another goal, really, but I'm happy with the win and staying near the top of the league".
Lukaku set up Henrikh Mkhitaryan for United's second after 83 minutes and then scored himself.
Acting Icon Harry Dean Stanton Dead at 91
He comes back and finds her in a Houston peep show, where he delivers a 10-minute monologue through a one-way mirror. He sang and played rhythm guitar and harmonica in a Tex-Mex band that did weekly gigs at The Mint in Los Angeles.
Everton manager Ronald Koeman said his side's third heavy defeat in eight days was undeserved.
Everton gamely hung on until Kevin Mirallas came on for Rooney, who left the pitch to measured applause from United fans.
Mourinho was delighted with Lukaku's performance but made it clear that he would have been happy even if he did not score, as his work rate and understanding of the manager's tactical plan is sufficient.
Juan Mata stresses that Manchester United "have not won anything yet", as he urges his teammates to remain grounded following their impressive Premier League start. We will be facing Burton Albion, a Championship club that will visit Old Trafford trying to play a historic game.
"The way we won gave us not only three points but plenty of confidence as well. A little bit of pressure because of the bad results but they came with pride and with quality and they started giving us some little difficulties".
"Sometimes in football, you get what you deserve, today we deserved more than we got", he told Sky Sports.
- Rohingyas are a threat to national security
- Three hurt in Pak shelling in Jammu & Kashmir's Arnia town
- CM Chandrababu Naidu applauds PV Sindhu for wining Korea Open title
- Facebook listed 'Jew-hater' as category for advertisers
- Maria forecast to intensify to Category 4 'dangerous major hurricane'
- Frank Lampard expects Christian Eriksen to step up against Borussia Dortmund
- Chicago judge blocks Sessions' sanctuary city funds order
- Hurricane Jose lingers in Atlantic, will it head toward US?
- Pep: Why Man City Failed To Sign Sanchez
- Russian Federation says Kaspersky removal in United States delays bilateral ties recovery