Slovenia have already secured their first-ever EuroBasket medal while Serbia could claim their first continental crown under the Serbian flag.
The MVP of EuroBasket is probably Goran Dragic, who has been nothing short of unbelievable averaging 21 points and 5.4 assists per game, and hitting 37.5 percent from three in leading Slovenia to the title game.
Djordjevic responded by taking out his 2.21-meter (7-foot-3) center Boban Marjanovic of the Detroit Pistons in favor of more mobile players, who managed to slow down the pace in the third quarter at the 16,000-seat Sinan Erdem arena.
Kokoskov was already without Luka Doncic, Slovenia's star teenager who had to leave the game injured midway through third quarter.
The win makes Slovenia the smallest country to win a EuroBasket tournament, since Latvia in 1935.
Pilot absences bring 'life-threatening' disruption for Air Berlin
But a loan from the German government is keeping the carrier afloat while attempts are made to sell off parts of the airline. Beleaguered German airline Air Berlin has had to cancel flights en masse after it was swamped by pilots ringing in sick.
Bogdan Bogdanovic led Serbia with 22 points. They won all nine of their games in the tournament and were the ones who knocked out defending champions Spain in the semifinals.
Pau Gasol finished with 26 points and 10 rebounds; his little brother Marc helped him with 25 points.
With scores level with just over two minutes left, Klemen Prepelic (21 points) hit a clutch shot followed by an Anthony Randolph (15 points) running jumper to give Slovenia some breathing space.
"You want to play well in the Final".
- Pep: Why Man City Failed To Sign Sanchez
- Apple rolls out iOS 11, ending support for 32-bit apps
- Royal baby: Duchess well after 'anxious' start to pregnancy
- Acting Icon Harry Dean Stanton Dead at 91
- US Olympic Cities Signal Support for LA 2028
- Hurricane Jose lingers in Atlantic, will it head toward US?
- Canelo Alvarez ready to show 'how a true Mexican fights'
- Friend Kohli and Mentor Dhoni are my guiding lights, says Yuzi Chahal
- US Urges Kurds to Call Off Independence Vote
- Destiny 2 Has Reached "Millions" Of Players Already