Ceballos was reported to have been frustrated, after Zidane left him on the bench, as Madrid were beaten 1-0 at his former club, Real Betis, on Wednesday night. He has been less than impressed with Los Blancos's lack of intensity, but also believes his men did more than enough to merit wins at home, with their failure to be clinical in the final third proving to be their worst enemy.
A determined Ronaldo hit the upright again with a wonderful curling strike, before a rare attack at the other end saw Alaves likewise hit the woodwork as Alfonso Pedraza's shot deflected beyond Navas and against the crossbar.
"I am happy for (Ceballos)".
With Toni Kroos injured, Ceballos took the place of regular starter Luka Modric, who Zidane rested ahead of the trip to Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday. "He played very well, and besides the two goals he helped us a lot", coach Zinedine Zidane said.
But Ceballos soon eased the pressure on the visitors with the opener, wriggling out of a challenge with Ibai Gomez in the area to slide a finish inside the left-hand post.
Cuba Signs Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty at UN
Peter Maurer , the president of the International Committee of the Red Cross, also participated in the ceremony. A signing session at the United Nations inched the world closer to a first-of-its-kind nuclear weapons ban.
Father and son will be reunited, albeit on opposite sides of the ball, when Madrid visits the Basque Country club.
Ronaldo had another opportunity in the 53rd minute after working some space just outside the Alaves box, but he missed the target once again, before Pacheco made a smart save to deny Isco, who had broken the offside trap.
Madrid reportedly paid Betis 16.5 million euros ($19.7 million) for the up-and-coming midfielder.
Spanish champions Real Madrid have returned to winning ways in La Liga courtesy of a narrow 2-1 victory over struggling Alaves in the Basque County on Saturday afternoon.
- Nancy Pelosi, Doris Matsui and Democrats Urge DREAM Act Passage
- CM Chandrababu Naidu applauds PV Sindhu for wining Korea Open title
- Apple rolls out iOS 11, ending support for 32-bit apps
- Egypt: Sisi Meets Guterres
- Martial was not Man United's penalty taker against Everton - Mourinho
- Crude Oil Firms Above $50
- Owned BYU Adding Caffeinated Soda To Dining Menus
- Catalan bishops call for calm as Spain cracks down on independence vote
- Chicago judge blocks Sessions' sanctuary city funds order
- US Urges Kurds to Call Off Independence Vote