It is "possible" that former National Football League quarterback Peyton Manning could run for Tennessee's soon-to-be open seat in the U.S. Senate, retiring Sen.
Peyton Manning may soon be running for political office, according to a report.
Corker said he would retire from Congress on Tuesday and has become increasingly critical of President Donald Trump. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn., told Business Insider he thought Manning was "a great guy and a popular guy" who could have interest in representing the state in Congress. Lamar Alexander's seat, but the former Heisman runner-up has not said he will run for office despite making an appearance at a notable Republican event.
Joe Perticone of Business Insider tweeted, "Tennessee Rep. Scott DesJarlais just told me Peyton Manning (!) is indeed a possible 2018 senate candidate".
Kylie Jenner Is Pregnant!
We're even told - despite the fact that we can't check - that he's told companions they're having a young lady. People also confirmed the baby news, citing another source who says the baby is due in February.
Two-time Super Bowl champion Peyton Manning is reportedly considering a Senate run in 2020, and outgoing Sen.
"Rep. Blackburn appreciates the outpouring of encouragement and support she has received about a possible Senate run", Blackburn spokeswoman Darcy Anderson said Wednesday in a statement.
In March, while speaking at the Adobe Summit in Las Vegas, Manning addressed previous rumors of his involvement in politics. Is it likely? I don't know. With an open seat and Democrats sensing a chance for a flip, the party may chose to seek a more seasoned candidate to lead the race, rather than Mackler who is only now making his first steps in the political world.
- Wisconsin elections system targeted by Russian hackers
- Construction On Border Wall Prototypes To Be Built Within A Month
- Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott 5 Months Preggers, Baby's Sex Confirmed
- Rumoured Lovebirds Ranbir Kapoor & Mahira Khan Caught While Smoking
- Catalan bishops call for calm as Spain cracks down on independence vote
- Remarkable Rossi on front row as Vinales takes Aragon pole
- Tom Price flew a little too high, a little too often
- Text of Saudi king's royal decree on women driving
- After McCain - What's next on health care in the US Congress
- Star Trek: Discovery's Special CBS Premiere Draws 8 Million Viewers