The Airbus A380 was flying at the altitude of 37,000 feet near Greenland when it experienced engine failure, Flightradar 24 reported.
"The regularly trained pilots and cabin crew handled this serious incident perfectly", the airline said in a statement. A super jumbo A380 ofAir France which acted as a liaison Paris-Los Angeles, had made an emergency landing in Canada. "The passengers are now being assisted by teams dispatched to the location", the statement said.
Photos and video of the engine posted by passengers to social media showed the engine's cover completely gone.
Air France is facing a daunting technical challenge to fix an extensively damaged A380 at one of Canada's most remote airports.
Air France super jumbo loses its engine cover SEVEN MILES above the Atlantic Ocean and is forced to divert to Newfoundland
The four-engine airliner left Paris's Charles de Gaulle Airport Saturday morning.
Luckily the plane was able to land safely and passengers told of their relief after the aircraft touched down in one piece.
Passengers were stranded on the plane in Canada for a number of hours, as the airport is not equipped to handle an Airbus A380.
Air France said the two flights that will ferry the passengers are scheduled to leave Goose Bay early Sunday.
The cause of the problem was unknown, with one of the plane´s passengers suggesting that a bird might have collided with the engine which was damaged.
Spurs will lose Kane if they don't win something this year - Sherwood
He can play like a right-back or a centre-back or a midfielder and that provides a big boost to the team . He deserved all the praise and our decision [paid off]. "I think we can definitely be proud of that".
- The Fed doesn't understand the causes of inflation: Larry Kudlow
- Manchester United 4-0 Crystal Palace: 5 Talking Points
- Saudi women driving is not feminism's final frontier
- Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott 5 Months Preggers, Baby's Sex Confirmed
- New Trump Travel Ban Is Now Indefinite, Still Cruel and Xenophobic
- Text of Saudi king's royal decree on women driving
- Aston Martin have helped to design a submarine
- Child stealing popcorn from Prince Harry should be hailed as republican hero
- Houston weighs in on National Football League kneeling protests
- Tom Price flew a little too high, a little too often