Isner also impressed as he crushed Leonardo Mayer 6-0 6-3 and is expected to provide another stern test for the Spaniard in what is a tough run in China. But still I didn't have the control of the match for nearly all the time. Tomorrow (Friday) will be a tough one against Isner.
Like Nadal, Zverev is bidding for his sixth title of the year.
However, after saving three break points, the Spaniard quickly raced to a 4-1 lead as he controlled the court, and his dominance was highlighted during the longer rallies in particular.
'Everybody knows that he serves huge and it is so hard to break him.
Second seed Alexander Zverev served seven aces as he beat Britain's Kyle Edmund 6-3 7-6 (3) in the day's last match and will meet Italy's Fabio Fognini in the next round.
Donald Trump praises Dallas Cowboys owner for knee protest compromise
Find something else to do!' Lee also took up Trump's comment on the issue he made September 22 at a rally in Alabama. From left to right: Byron Bell, Tyron Smith, Dak Prescott , Chaz Green, La'el Collins, Zack Martin and Rod Smith.
Andrey Rublev ensured a continued Russian presence in the men's draw as he sprang a surprise in fighting back to oust seventh seed Tomas Berdych 1-6, 6-4, 6-1.
In the women's tournament, Jelena Ostapenko advanced after Peng Shuai, the last Chinese player in the competition, retired from the match while trailing 3-0.
Juan Martin del Potro stormed into round two with a 7-6 (4) 6-4 win over Uruguay's Pablo Cuevas and will face third seed Grigor Dimitrov, who battled past Bosnian Damir Dzumhur 6-1 3-6 6-3.
The 31-year-old Peng said she had been having injections to ease the pain and her right knee was heavily strapped, but she could not play on.
Garcia is in red-hot form after winning the Wuhan Open on Saturday.
- TransCanada terminates Energy East pipeline
- Sunny, high near 70 — TODAY'S FORECAST
- Walmart buys Brooklyn startup for same-day NYC delivery
- Air France A380 suffers serious engine damage after 'tremendous bang'
- 256GB iPhone X Is The More Popular Choice Amongst Consumers
- Meghan McCain to Join 'The View'
- 3 children killed in cross-border firing in Poonch
- Meet the Google Home Mini, a $49 Amazon Echo Dot Alternative
- Edmonton Terrorist Is a Somali Refugee
- Child stealing popcorn from Prince Harry should be hailed as republican hero