Sen. Dianne FeinsteinDianne Emiel FeinsteinGun proposal picks up GOP support Gingrich: Banning rapid fire gun modification is "common sense" House bill set to reignite debate on warrantless surveillance MORE (D-Calif.) announced on Monday morning that she will run for reelection in 2018.
Feinstein's reelection bid was quickly endorsed by fellow California Senator Kamala Harris. Lots more to do: "ending gun violence, combating climate change, access to healthcare. said: "I am running for reelection to the Senate".
"There's not a gang member in Chicago, who's going 'hey I'm going to get you, but first I have to go through Dianne Feinstein's background checks.' It's nonsense", he said.
Critics say Feinstein is staying on as a leader when her policies come from a previous time in the Democratic Party.
With Feinstein in, the question becomes whether anyone else challenges her, the likeliest being de León, who is termed out of the state Senate and has questioned her calls for patience with President Donald Trump. "I stand with her", he said.
"We share a common interest in this Senate race".
Where to Celebrate National Taco Day in CT
What's included? A Crunch Taco, Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco, Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco and Fiery Doritos Locos Taco. There is even a website dedicated to this special day, saying that Americans ate over 4.5 billion tacos in 2016.
Joseph Sanberg, a former Wall Street investor and entrepreneur who successfully lobbied for California's earned income tax credit program, is another potential Feinstein primary challenger.
Now that Feinstein has announced her intentions, the political future of one other long-serving senator remains unknown. Sen.
"What Californians get from Dianne is someone who sticks to her principles and achieves results regardless of powerful opponents, from the assaults weapons ban to the Central Intelligence Agency torture report", Harris said.
The rising liberal star Sen.
"We are better off with her leadership and I look forward to continuing to fight together for California in the Senate".
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is reportedly hosting a fundraiser for Feinstein.
- Matt Campbell earns first statement win as Iowa State head football coach
- Defense chief says U.S. should stay in nuclear deal with Iran
- Shin injury rules Amir out of Sri Lanka ODIs
- 256GB iPhone X Is The More Popular Choice Amongst Consumers
- TransCanada terminates Energy East pipeline
- 'Credible Evidence' Former UK PM Sir Edward Heath Was a Pedophile
- Jose Mourinho to carefully manage Antonio Valencia, anxious about burnout
- Las Vegas shooting: Federal Bureau of Investigation begins questioning gunman's girlfriend
- Rafael Nadal Storms Into China Open Quarter-Final
- Iran's oil output up 20000 bpd in September