The mother and child had been part of a large group, and she did not realize he got separated from the others, police Sgt. Joe Monson told the New York Daily News.
"He was crying and upset and obviously scared", Kendall Schmidt, co-owner of the corn maze, told The Washington Post in a phone interview Wednesday. Because the boy only revealed his age and the names of his brother and cat, the owners went vehicle to auto and throughout the maze, announcing that a lost child had been found, per KSL.
The owners took the boy to a police station where officers contacted child and family services.
On Tuesday morning at around 7:40 a.m., the parents of the child called West Jordan Police Department and reported the child missing.
Investigators went to the house and said several families live there together with several children between them.
BlackBerry to launch Android phone with no keyboard
BlackBerry Motion , a new smartphone from TCL , has been launched with a full touchscreen at the GITEX Tech Week in Dubai. While Blackberry did not have much input on the design of the product, the phone will feature its Enterprise Services.
"She said that she believes she might have left him at the corn maze", Monson said.
The parents woke up and realized the child was gone after they got home from the corn maze.
Monson said the Division of Child and Family Services can not release the status of the child because of privacy policies.
Police sent the mother to DCFS, who said she would need to be questioned before they returned her child to her.
- Meet the Google Home Mini, a $49 Amazon Echo Dot Alternative
- State, Local Police Raise Awareness Of Breast Cancer With 'Pink Patches'
- Putin: Moscow handles Iraqi Kurdistan situation with care
- Donald Trump's Newest North Korea Tweets Take Aim At Former US Presidents
- Walmart (WMT) Shares Soar After Announcement of Latest Mobile Express Returns App
- Jose Mourinho to carefully manage Antonio Valencia, anxious about burnout
- NBA Revamps All-Star Game Format, Captains Choose Teams
- Galen Rupp and Tirunesh Dibaba Are Chicago Marathon Champions
- Gareth Southgate backs Raheem Sterling to win over England fans
- Edmonton Terrorist Is a Somali Refugee